Friday, August 10, 2007

Wedding Day Memories

My friend (and old roommate) Steph sent me this email wedding memories survey yesterday...and I figured that rather then just sending the email out, I would post my answers here. So, here goes: 1. When were you married? June 24, 2005
2. How long were you engaged? 4 months
3. How long did you know your fiance/how long did you date before you were engaged? knew him almost a year before we started dating then dated him for a year and three months before we got engaged
4. How old were you when you married? I was 27 when we got married
5. How old was your spouse? AJ turned 28 exactly one week before we got married
6. Did you have kids prior to your marriage, and did you acquire step-kids when you married? nope
7. Was this your first marriage? absolutely
8. Was this your spouse's first marriage? yep
9. Did you have a big wedding? not too big by today's standards
10. Where was it held? wedding- LDS San Diego Temple
11. Where was the honeymoon? Oahu, Hawaii
12. What were your colors? blue, green and brown
13. What decorations in the sanctuary? nothing in the temple, of course, flowers (white calla lilies, which are my favorite, and white roses) and candles at the reception
14. Do you have regrets? that I was too tired to worry about getting the wedding pictures at the beach I had originally wanted, and that we didn't get some time totally alone between the sealing, luncheon and reception
15. Who were your flower girls/ring bearer? flower girls were my niece, Avery, and his niece, Maddie, no ring bearer
16. Maid of Honor/Best Man? didn't really have an official Maid of Honor, but my friend Jennette was AMAZING through everything and she gave the "toast", AJ's friend Ben was his Best Man
17. Wedding party? Jennette, my sisters Valerie and Emily and my friend Amber; AJ's friends Ben, Robe, Kyle
18. Describe your cake: well it was supposed to be 3 layers, one with chocolate mousse, the other 2 with lemon cream...but the lady forgot to make it and only showed up with the chocolate fountain. Ben saved the day and got us a 9" round cake to at least cut (I was really upset then...it makes me laugh now)
19: Describe your dress: white, pretty simple, but more ornate than I had originally planned
20. Music? yes, we had a friend of AJ's that DJ'd the wedding
21. Officiant? AJ's Great-Uncle Price performed the sealing
22. Did your dad give you away? he signed the marriage license as a witness....does that count?
23. The kicker: I had originally wanted an August wedding (June seemed too quick) and AJ had wanted it sooner, but I'm glad we did it when we did
24. Did you throw rice, bubbles when leaving? I had wanted sparklers when we left, but they are illegal in San Diego...so nothing really
25. Wedding favors? different kinds of candy in little bags (that I should have put a sign up limiting people to one bag per person...some people/kids got really greedy at the first reception so there was a limited selection at the open house the next day)
26. Photographer/videographer? photographer, Sharon, who stepped up and did way more than she should have. She was the best!
27. How did you leave the wedding? The Ford Explorer, all decorated in toilet paper (thanks to the groomsmen)
28. Where did you stay the night? in a HUGE suite at a hotel in downtown by Shelter Island and the Marina, courtesy of AJ's boss (it was his wedding present to us). I think my sister Julie and her family stayed there too...it was "super-swank" (as Marshall from "Alias" would say)