Friday, August 10, 2007

Always Underfoot

Now that Keegan is crawling everywhere, the little man always seems to be underfoot. And since he seems to get to wherever he wants to go pretty quickly, I'm finding that I'm constantly having to go back and check on him to make sure he's not doing something that he shouldn't (which is, unfortunately, what he is doing 99% of the time...he's a mischievous little boy, he is).

For instance, the other day, I was finally getting the bills paid (something that I've been somewhat of a slacker about lately. Seriously, for someone who was once very organized, I'm rather embarrassed about the state that I've let things get to lately) and Keegan decided he didn't like being left alone playing with his toys on the other side of the couch, so....this is the end result:

He crawled over to where I was at the dining table and promptly placed himself at my feet and was totally content just rolling around on the floor underneath the table (with his pacifier/makeshift teething toy, of course). Oh yeah...and for the record...I apparently didn't give birth to a little boy...I gave birth to a little puppy. He seriously chews on anything he can get his hands on (from my fingers, shoulder, hair, legs, keys, shoes, his own toes, etc.), and just last night decided it would be fun to take his basketball in his mouth and hold it between his bottom teeth and top gums, while crawling around on all fours. I was laughing so hard, I didn't get the picture I wanted, but I really don't think anything would have done it justice. You had to be there...it was just one of those moments (that I hope I never forget).

So, that basketball actually used to be completely inflated...that is, until Keegan the Puppy managed to sink his teeth into it and puncture a small hole in it, that is now leaking air....it's too cute to watch him play with it, though, so AJ and I haven't taken it away yet and repaired it (good thing it was a set of 2 balls that I got at Target for $2.50). And in the last picture, he's not yawning...he's getting ready to attack the ball.

Just thought I'd share some of the highlights from my last few days...oh yeah...and he now knows how to sit himself back up from crawling and is now pulling himself up onto his knees while in his crib, or against my leg, or against the couch, or pretty much any surface he can grab a hold of...Oh yeah, I'm in trouble with this one!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Ok - he is too freaking cute and I love that he is all boy and always under foot. That is just the way curious and inqusitive kids can be.