Monday, June 9, 2008

Locks of Love

So, it's not really a secret that I love Keegan's hair to be a little bit long. I was kind of hoping that he would inherit a little bit of my curl, but no such luck as of yet. However, that hasn't stopped AJ and I from keeping his hair a little bit longer, usually. Since we had a week of beach camping coming up, though, I knew that there was no way I wanted to keep his hair long. It would have been way too hard to put sunscreen on his head, so I decided it was time to cut it. And I don't mean just a trim...I mean really buzz it. AJ had been doing a really good job trimming it up, little by little all while trying to get Keegan used to the clippers, but I finally took matters into my own hands when Keegan decided that it was ok for Mommy to cut his hair (especially since up to that point he wouldn't let me anywhere near his head with the clippers). AJ was a little scared when I first told him that I had finally cut his hair because he had visions of a completely bald Keegan, but it wasn't nearly that bad.

So, here's the before...
And then here's the after...

Like I said, it wasn't nearly as bad as AJ had imagined it. And it's already started to grow back (I swear this kid is getting some sort of growth hormone on the side). And it has for sure made the whole sunscreen application so much easier. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't too bad, considering it was my first time ever wielding a pair of trimmers. Still, I think I'll leave future haircuts to the professionals (or at least to AJ).

No comments: