Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Catch of the Day

The end of September brings a fun and exciting time to our household...LOBSTER season. For roughly a 4 or 5 month period AJ can go and catch up to 7 "bugs" (as he calls them) each night. He looks forward to this time of year with almost the same amount of excitement that a little kid looks forward to Christmas. He seriously starts counting down the days right around the middle of September.

So, on Monday he went out...and didn't catch a thing. Needless to say, I think that he was a little frustrated. Tuesday night he went out and brought home these:Yes they were still crawling around my driveway at 10:30 at night...not really something I was too excited to see. It was kind of creepy...I'm not going to lie. Here's a better picture of the bigger lobster:
I think this lovely 7-pound beauty more than made up for Monday night being such a failure. I'm just glad that I'm not responsible for cooking the darn thing!

2 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

that is so cool! Where does he do that? That big one looks so yummy. So he can do it every night over the next 4-5 months? Do you think we can get some while we are down? Ryan can go help him catch and cook. That would be so fun.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Wow, the big one is big. I agree it would be creepy seeing them crawling around on your driveway! Have fun eating lobster season:)