Monday, March 7, 2011

2011 Challenge #3

So here's the thing...I vaguely remember that at one point in my life I was actually thin. For anyone that has only known me in the past few years, they will probably find that statement really hard to believe, but I swear, that at one point in my life I actually looked good (ok, fine, pretty decent), and I really did fit into the size 2 jeans that are currently residing (read: collecting dust) at the bottom of my closet.
If you don't believe me, here's the proof:
See, my stomach was actually flat, my arms weren't flabby, and I didn't have a "muffin-top" that hung over the top of my jeans, and there was no double chin (and I was actually tan...but that's a whole other issue). Having 3 kids in a 3 1/2 year time frame (and gaining way more weight than I should have with Keegan and then not losing all of it before I had Camden and not being good about exercising before/during/after/ever) changed all of that (meaning my once thin body) for the worse.
However, this year is the year that I am changing that (beacause really, I am the only one who is to blame here and I am the only one who can change it...there is no magical weight-loss fairy who can zap me with her wand and magically give me back my 21-year-old body again, but oh if only there was one!). When I finally reach my goal, I will actually be able to look at myself in the mirror and recognize the person that is looking back at me. And believe me...actually losing the weight is going to be a daily challenge/struggle, but it's one that I am definitely up for (because honestly the almost daily query of when my next one is due, and if this one is actually a girl is getting a little old people).
So, here's to the new year...and a new, and thinner, me.
Now, who wants to tell me what's worked for them? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok - here are my 2 cents. Know that any changes for the better you make whether it be with what you eat or when or how often you work out will need to become life time changes...don't start thinking oh, I can do this for a month or two, lose the weight and then be perfect forever becuase eventually you will slip back into old habits (we all do). The weight will always be there looking for a way back in, so make changes you can stick with for life. You have the right mind set to begin with that only you can make the weight go away (although a magical wieght lose fairy would be AWESOME) Remember to not be to hard on yourself, give praise when you do well and reward yourself in newer healthier ways. You can so do this!!

Mama Bear said...

above comment was me - ;o)