Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And So It Begins...

I wasn't able to sign Keegan or Camden up for their gymnastics classes this time around, because they canceled the ones that were on the only days that worked with our schedule, and then we missed signing Keegan up for T-Ball this season (I know, I know...I'm a horrible parent). To be honest, I had no idea when baseball sign-ups were, seeing as how this if the first time EVER that I have even had to think about something like this, but apparently opening weekend was this past weekend, which means that sign-ups were probably weeks, maybe even months, ago. AJ was pretty disappointed, and I have to admit, at first so was I (but just a teensy bit).

And then, while perusing the internet late at night, I thought I would be proactive and check out when I could sign him up for some of the other sports that he is now finally old enough to participate in. I might have missed soccer signups (at least through the rec centers, it seems, but maybe not through AYSO), and we aren't pushing any of the kids to play football, and the boys don't seem to have a ton of interest in playing basketball...so I thought we were out of luck, and then I remembered a sport that someone had mentioned to us about 6 months ago, that is perfect for Keegan.

Enter
We have officially signed Keegan up to play water polo (or at least the non-contact version that introduces the sport to the kids) and now my Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30 - 4:30 are no longer my own (although it's not like they ever really were...but it's even less so now). At least I get to spend the time hanging out by a pool, which is never a bad thing, right?

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

That is awesome - I can just see keegan rocking the water polo world!! Best of luck to that amazing little man :o)