Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 Challenge #2

In keeping with challenging myself, I promised myself that I would try new things. I'm not great at sewing, by any means, but I try. I've just realized that I'm not a patient person when it comes to sewing, but I'm working on improving that.

I've made some blankets, and some things for the boys and even a few things for myself, but I wanted to try and make a quilt for a good friend of ours who works with AJ and who just recently had their first baby, a little girl. Only having boys so far, I was in love with all the pinks that I got to work with to make this quilt. It's a really simple pattern, and I just did a straight-line quilting on it (no stippling or any other pattern for me just yet), but I love the final result. Hopefully the recipients were just as happy with it.

It went together fairly quickly, and I only had to unpick a few rows toward the end when my impatience got the best of me (lesson learned, seriously). My fingers have never been so numb as they were after hand sewing the binding on, but I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished and think that it looks pretty decent (not that I'm trying to toot my own horn...I just want to make sure I remember how I felt about the whole process years down the road).

Now I just need to get working on quilt #2 so I don't lose my momentum...maybe, someday I'll get good enough that I can sell them and turn it into a little bit of a side business. :)

4 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

turned out DARLING! Yay for you. So cute.

hoopesfam5 said...

In case I didn't mention it before, the quilt is absolutely fabulous!! I really need to get on the ball and get some things sewed, don't I?

hoopesfam5 said...

Did I really just type "sewed"... I meant sewn, obviously.

Can I blame that one on the pregnancy brain?

valerie said...

completely adorable