Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Super Boys to the Rescue

Keegan has been asking me to make him a super hero cape for quite some time, and I had found a free pattern online (so great, I know, right? I love that it's reversible...and free) but I've kind of been putting it off, because I really don't feel all that confident in my sewing abilities. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks back and made a cape for Keegan and then another for Camden. The fact that Keegan has worn it for some portion of the day, everyday since it has been finished definitely made the effort worth it. Camden is still a little hesitant to put his on (which shouldn't surprise me seeing as how he cried for about 20 min. the other day when we dressed him up in his pirate costume from last year to go trick-or-treating at Sea World) but I'm hoping that eventually he will warm up to the idea of wearing it.

All in all, they didn't turn out too bad. It's a little long, but that just means he can grow into it. I've never embroidered anything on before, and you can tell when you give it more than just a cursory glance, but Keegan is totally happy with his (especially since it was made in the colors that he wanted it to be), and it's something that I made for him...and I love that he runs up and down the hall and all over our backyard using his "superpowers" to rescue and protect people. Now I just have to convince him that a generic superhero costume will be good enough for Halloween rather than the Spiderman one that he seems to want. It might take more superpowers than I currently have at my disposal to accomplish that task! :)

2 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

they turned out GREAT! Excellent job.

hoopesfam5 said...

Seriously...the capes did turn out amazingly well. Did I mention the other day how impressed I am with all the sewing you've been doing?

Major kudos to you, my dear sister.