Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Conversations With a 3-year-old

I had the best exchange with Keegan tonight. It went a little like this.

K: Mom, what you doing?
Me: Making some cookies.
K:Oh. Cookies for me?
Me: For all of us.
K: My have one now?
Me:Not yet, bud, they still have to bake. You can have one after you finish your soup (corn chowder) and have a bath.
K: Oh. My not want any more soup. My all fulled up to here (as he does the sign for "full").
Me: Oh, you're all filled up, huh?
K: Well, my not all filled up yet (he so knew that I was going to say that he must be too full for cookies if he was too full for more soup...it's like he's inside my head or something. Or maybe we just have that conversation a lot because he always seems to have room for treats but never room for his regular food). My still have some room for my cookie. See, right here on my side (as he shows me the exact spot on his side where he still has a little room left). This where my cookie go. My just have no more room for soup.

To be fair, he had already eaten most of his soup and his sandwich, so it's not like he was just going to have cookies for dinner, so he probably was "all fulled up". You gotta love the kid, and his reasoning though. He so takes after me. Even at the age of three he knows that there is always room for some dessert.

1 comment:

hoopesfam5 said...

Oh....what a cute little stinker. I don't know how you could say no to any of the boys...especially when they reason things SO well (definitely a Leach thing...)