Monday, October 18, 2010

Frog Princes...

So, I found this great free tutorial/pattern for a beanbag frog when I was first looking for and making beanbags for the boys that spell out their names (and help with letter recognition....which has been great). My goal for the original beanbags was to have one full set with the entire alphabet and then each of the boys having their own name spelled out as well...eventually, I'll get the whole alphabet done, but for now Keegan and Camden are the only ones that are done. Hunter's is a work in progress (although at least I have all of the squares cut out...they just have to be sewn together now, the letters need to be painted on and they need to be filled....all in my spare time, which naturally I have a ton of). ** Side note, I love when people are willing to share their creative energies for free with those of us that are less creative.


Anyway, I needed a break from sewing a gazillion blankets (at least that's what it feels like...we have a ton of pregnant ladies in our ward right now) and I was looking for a little gift to make and give to the older son of some friends of ours who just had another baby boy (I feel like the older kids sometimes get left out and I didn't want him to feel neglected) so I used some scrap fabric and put one together, just to get a feel for how it would turn out. It goes together super fast, which is great, and turned out pretty cute. Of course, as soon as Keegan saw the one I was making for our friends son, and wanted to play with it and then asked for one of his own when I informed him that it wasn't for him. Of course, once he had his, Camden needed one too, so a third one was made. I think it's a good thing that Hunter isn't talking just yet, although it's probably inevitable that he will get one of his own as well.

The one with the crown is the one being given as the gift (although Keegan informed me today that his frog needed a crown as well so I guess I better get on that) and then Keegan's and Camden's are on the sides. Not too bad for a few hours work, if I do say so myself (and I already had everything I needed so in a way, it was free, which is even better). And of course, no post is complete without a picture of my very own little princes! :)

No comments: