Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Life...

Dear Chick-Fil-A,

Thanks for bringing back your Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake. I've been thinking about it since the last time I had one last year, so I'm glad that it's finally back. It made my not-always-happy-with-food belly quite happy with you. I have a feeling I will be consuming lots of you during your "limited edition flavor" offerings (much to the detriment of my goal for a reasonable pregnancy weight gain).

Dear Little Baby,
Time to let your mom not be sick in the mornings, ok? and in the afternoons and the evenings. And especially no more of this "let's feel great for days and then WHAM...get hit by the mack truck of morning sickness". It's time to move on from all of this and get on to the good stuff about pregnancy...you know, insomnia, heartburn, weight gain. Hmmmm, maybe I need to rethink my stand on morning/afternoon/evening/all hours of the day and night sickness?

Dear Anything and Everything Peppermint,
Thanks for making things a little easier on me right now. The smell of you can get rid of any other smell in the house, and the taste of you helps calm a very unhappy belly. Good thing it's winter and the smell of peppermint isn't a novelty.

Dear Brach's,
I'm so looking forward to consuming large quantities of your wonderful green and red holiday mints this year, so please make sure that they are available in abundance at all of my local retailers (and not just one store, in a limited quantity like previous years). As a side note to all my friends and family who read this, if you come across some, please feel free to let me know where so that I can purchase them or feel free to pick some up for me and I will pay you for your troubles.

2 comments:

valerie said...

here here peppermint!
i am going to have to try this chick-fil-a treat - i haven't had the pleasure of being introduced, but i have a feeling we could be great friends.
and maybe the morning sickness means...it's a girl!?

Mama Bear said...

if my morning sickness was anything to go by then you are having a girl!! (fingers crossed) and I am now officially on the look out for your brach's red and green mints - retailers you have been warned! we love you!!