Thursday, November 12, 2009

Arrrrgh, it's Halloween...

I know, I know, I'm a little behind on things.


Keegan and Camden were pirates this year (I was simply the mom who was stressed because she waited until the last minute to finish the boys costumes). It was pretty funny watching Camden chase after people with his sword raised in the air. If you ask Keegan what a pirate says, his response is usually "Arrrrgh", although you will get the occasional "walk the plank" and "hands in the air" as he points his sword at you. We went to Sea World the week before Halloween and did a little trick-or-treating there, but it was a little too crowded for us, and the boys wanted to see the animals more than anything. Our ward had their Halloween party on the 31st, so we went to that. Keegan loved going from car to car saying "Trick-or-Treat" and then saying "thank you" after (finally some lessons are paying off). The best was, there was a guy passing out apples instead of candy at his car. It was the only thing that both Keegan and Camden were interested in that night. Once Keegan got his, he was done getting anymore candy because he wanted to go back inside and eat his apple and Camden got mad at me when I took his from him so that I could eat some of the skin off of it first. Thankfully, for the most part they have forgotten about all the candy they scored (it's out of their sight, thankfully, so it's out of their minds most of the time).

We didn't do our usual trip to Bates this year, to pick out our pumpkins, which made me super sad, so I will make sure we do it early next year and I've already started thinking about what the boys are going to be next year (despite swearing up and down to AJ that I wasn't going to make them again and that we were going to buy them from now on). It will partly depend on what this little baby turns out to be and whether or not Keegan and Camden realize that they have a say in these things (the longer I can keep that fact from them the better). Now it's on to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully, I can be a little better organized.

1 comment:

valerie said...

cutest pirates i ever did see...even giving the ones in the pirate movie a run for their money :)