Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Great Expectations

AJ and I are once again entering a phase in our lives where time is measured in weeks and trimesters, instead of hours and days. Where my body is once again no longer mine alone...and where we will be adding TWO feet to our home this summer. That's right...we're pregnant!!! We will soon be adding another little "jelly bean" to our family (and for the record, I really did have the flu a few weeks back..it wasn't me just hiding morning sickness or anything like that, I promise. The morning sickness just decided to show up right after I got the flu and it has decided to stick around for a little while. SO NOT FUN!!!).

Despite my saying that I would not get pregnant again until I had lost all of my baby weight from Keegan (yeah....who knows if that will ever happen), I am once again pregnant. Seven weeks and five days along to be exact, and while it's somewhat overwhelming, and sort of crazy, I guess you can't really tell the Lord "No" when he sends you the prompting that it is once again "the right time." He knows better than anyone whether or not we can handle it, and we really are excited for this new little addition to our small family.

So here's the latest addition to the Durfee clan: *Not the greatest picture I know, but unfortunately my scanner isn't compatible with my laptop, and my digital camera kind of sucks.

So, mark your calendars for Aug. 29th, which is when they say this little guy or gal will make their world debut. We can't wait! (and if any of you out there have some tried and true morning (afternoon and evening) sickness remedies, drop me a line. They would be MUCH appreciated).

5 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. We are so happy for you. Two kids are wonderful, and Keegan will be a great big brother. So are you sicker this time around? If so, I'm calling that it's a girl right now. I was more sick with Berlin than I was with Finley so who knows :)

valerie said...

Hooray! I can celebrate outloud now - I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT! I am so excited for you, AJ and Keegan. You are a great mom and will do just as an amazing job with baby #2. I love you!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

CONGRATS! That is great news. I totally agree that sometime you just have to trust the Lord on that (as I did with mine that was 19 months younger than his brother). The only tricks I know at all for morning sickness are that sometimes it works to keep snacking throughout the day and try to balance your acid and alka line levels (sometimes citrus and then salts), who knows what will work for you though:)

Mama Bear said...

YAH! What great news!! Although not about the morning sickness - I truly feel your pain there. Ask your Doc for meds if it gets too bad (you know me - I had to go that route as none of the non-medication remedies worked for me) Otherwise, try the motion sickness wrist bands, ginger ale, soda crackers (although those actually made me sicker - go figure) and rest up - atleast as much as you can with an active boy running around :0) More tips to come as I remember them. Hang in there and just know lots of XOXO's from all of us to you!!

Kae Lynn said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you! Hope you are feeling well.....I know it is harder with the second, since you just don't have time to rest with a little one keeping you going all the time :)
Kae Lynn