Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Through the Eyes of a Child...

Apparently, I'm slacking in the getting myself ready each day category. Here's my favorite conversation with Keegan yesterday.

Keegan (while standing in the hallway outside the bathroom): "You straightening your hair mommy?"

Me: "Yep, buddy, mommy's straightening her hair."

Keegan: "Oh, we going to church today?"

Me: "No buddy, we aren't going to church today. It's not Sunday."

Keegan: "Oh...why you straighten your hair then?"

Me: "Just because buddy."

Sadly enough, Keegan's observation was spot on. I usually only straighten my hair on Sundays, and lately I haven't even been doing that. My poor husband and kids. They have to put up with so much...including a frumpy-all-the-time Mom/wife. Talk about a kick in the butt. Guess I need to start looking out for me a little bit more from now on.

2 comments:

valerie said...

you not frumpy
that is just silly
stop this nonsense
and start realizing you are lovely

Mama Bear said...

I agree with V - she is very smart...listen to her!! HUGS and KISSES!!