Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Family Comes to Play

My sister Cynthia and her two kids were here last week for a visit (they got to spend the first part of their trip at Disneyland and in the O.C. before they made it down south to visit us). I'm so glad that the weather cooperated, seeing as how they were predicting rain for the first couple of days that they were here in San Diego. It was a really low-key kind of visit. Keegan got some great cousin play-time in and her kids got to just kind of run around and be free after having to stick close to their mom and dad at some of the busier attractions.

After a little bit of excitement on their first full day here (AJ managed to jack hammer through our water main shutting off all water to the house for most of a day - I hoping that doesn't scare any further family members or friends from coming to visit...I promise, we have the water back on and AJ's been really careful with the jack hammer ever since) things kind of settled down. We played at Mission Bay (not in the water...just at the gigantic playground there), we went and saw some tide pools where Keegan and Finn got to see a big starfish and a couple of smaller crabs, while Berlin and Camden and I hung out on the safer sandy part, and we just kind of hung out around the house watching Disney movies (all the princess ones if Berlin was picking and Peter Pan if Keegan had the choice), which is sometimes nice after a couple of crazy days.

It was so great to have family come and visit, and it made me wish that we were all a little bit closer geographically (or that we could figure out how to teleport or travel through fireplaces) in order to make visits easier to do. Keegan misses having cousins to talk to (even if they had no clue what he was saying) and I miss having my sister here to visit with.

And since no post is complete without at least one picture to look at, here are a couple from their time here (you can see more here).

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Such cute pictures. I love your boys and thier huge smiles. I miss being closer (geographically)as well. Sometimes you just need a sister to hang out with and talk to!! Sigh!! Keep enjoying that warm sunny southern CA weather for me!

hoopesfam5 said...

I was bummed before, but now I'm even more sad I missed out on this. Glad you and C were able to have some alone time, though. Looks like you all had fun.