Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She's Crafty...

Since I've managed to slack a little on the whole blogging thing, I figure I better catch people up on what I've been doing so that you don't think that I'm a complete slacker on all things blogging and journaling.

Lately, I've been trying to be better about working on my goals for the year, and one of them that I had was using my mom's sewing machine (since I've had it for 2+ years at this point) to make things for the boys and for me and for family and just for fun. I've managed to make (although I wouldn't say master) a couple of pairs of pajama pants for both of the boys, with a couple more still left to go. Then, I made these for my niece's birthday (Julie, I guess you are getting the preview of K's pj's ahead of time after all):


They are a kimono style pajama, and for my first time ever making this pattern, I don't think they turned out too bad (hopefully my niece will like them). It took me a little longer than I wish that they had, but it was a lot of fun picking out the fabric and making them.

I've also started making jewelry again (and can I just say, thank goodness for a library that has a lot of different books on the subject so that I can get ideas for free!!). This bracelet was for another niece's birthday:
It's got little princess charms on it (since she is currently obsessed with all things princess, as every young girl should be in my opinion). I've also made a couple others that I'm trying to decide if I want to try and sell somewhere or if I'll just give them away to friends and family as gifts or just because.

5 comments:

tzennibah said...

I am so impressed. You really are great.

mjtraskfam said...

Wow- 2 boys & time to craft, that's impressive! They're so cute too! Way to go girl!!

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

the jammie's turned out SO darling! You did a great job! And Berlin is still lovin' her bracelet (though she did eventually snag it and one of the crystal droplets came off). But other than that she wears it EVERY day.

Mama Bear said...

K is going to LOVE those jammies. They are DARLING and also pink so therefore they are perfect. I have such talented sisters in the sewing dept!!

hoopesfam5 said...

Fabulous jammies...adorable bracelet...excellent job. You continue to amaze and inspire me, especially since you also tend to two adorable boys and a very busy husband in addition to all the outdoor activities you do, and yet you still manage to get craft time in. Kudos, dear sister...kudos.