Friday, September 26, 2008

So, I'm a Slacker...

What can I say, I've been slacking a little on the whole blogging lately. We've been busy, but not necessarily with anything earth-shatteringly important to talk about, and it's been hot (seriously, bring on the fall weather already...or at least what passes for fall in California) and I've been trying to keep Keegan occupied and busy and then I fall into bed each night and then think "oh wait, I wanted to blog today" right before I fall into a semi-deep sleep for 3 1/2 hours (yes, Camden is actually letting me sleep that long...HURRAY!!).

So, in order to make up for the lack of posts I will at least post some pictures, because really, that's probably all anyone who reads my blog is looking for, and to be honest, my brain isn't totally functioning right now, at least not enough to compose complete blog posts (hence the long run-on sentences. It's a good thing I'm no longer in school and being graded on this).


I love this picture...despite the fact that it's part in shadow and part in bright sunlight I love that Keegan is so gentle and loving with his brother. This was early one morning and Keegan just laid his head down on the pillow next to Camden. So great!!! We've been lucky...I'm well aware that it could have ended up very differently for us having had two kids so close together.


Keegan wanted to "hold" his brother (personally I think he was stalling and trying to put off bedtime), but only daddy could help him, so mommy snapped the picture.


This is what happens when AJ gets Keegan ready for bed. In the first picture, Keegan has AJ's socks on his feet and is pretending to call his dad on the phone (who just happens to be standing in front of him taking the picture). The little half smirk/grin is what makes me laugh the most in this picture. The second one is of Keegan signing the emotion "scared". It's one of the greatest signs that he does. He might know a lot of non-useful signs (I mean, really, does he need to know how to sign "skunk" or "rainbow" right now?), but the signing has been fabulous because he can still tell us what he needs, although he has definitely become the little chatter these days.


AJ had been looking for months on craigslist (seriously, greatest website ever!!!) and he finally found this one. He's had to restain it (and it's actually not totally restained yet), and they just put it up about a week ago, but Keegan loves it, and it means I don't always have to take him to the park when he wants to ride the slides and swing on the swings. There is a bonus to having a big backyard.



So I braved the zoo with both the boys about a week ago. Keegan had been asking to see the elephants and I wanted to make good on my promise to take him. Camden pretty much slepth the whole time, and Keegan was how he always is at the zoo...happy and friendly and wanting to look at everything.



I realized as I was going through my pictures for this blog that I have very few pictures of Camden. I guess what they say is true...you take more pictures and video of your first baby than you do of any subsequent children. Poor Camden...I guess I better get on that, so that I have pictures to put in his album. He was a little grumpy when I took this, but it shows how big he's gotten. At his 1-month check up he weighed in at 11 lbs and was 22 1/2 inches long. He's totally a little porker, but I love it.

No comments: