Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dear Frustrated and Overwhelmed

Dear Frustrated and Overwhelmed,
Can you please leave me alone for a while? I'm much happier when you are not around. Yes, I know that I have a choice and can allow life's little quirks to not get me down, but really there are just too many other emotions that I'm trying to keep in check right now and I could really use a break. Please go away and don't come back some other day.

Dear Park,
Thank you for leaving my son totally exhausted when we left you this morning. It was great to have him come home and take a nap and sleep for 2 1/2 hours. You made my son completely satisfied and I truly appreciate it. We will definitely be visiting you again...probably even this week. We look forward to lots more visits this summer.

Dear Public Library,
Thank you for giving me a chance to read a lot of different books without having to spend so much as a penny. I appreciate the fact that you are free, that you will transfer books from a library further away to the one that is closest to my home, therefore giving me the chance to take a 3 mile walk with my son. I also appreciate the fact that I can test out books and not feel guilty if I decide not to finish them, since I didn't have to spend any money on them. I also appreciate the fact that I can pick out a lot of different books for my little munchkin to read and to hopefully instill in him the same love of reading that I have.

Dear Robeks Polar Pineapple Smoothie,
Thank you for sustaining me through my pregnancy this summer. I'm so glad I took a chance to try you out. I really think that I love you more than my stand-by favorite known as the Jamba Juice Aloha Pineapple smoothie (and that's really saying something). I really think it's the papaya juice that you use that makes me love you so much. Needless to say, I look forward to many more lunch dates with you (unless, of course, I'm in the mood for the chocolate-y, peanut buttery goodness known as the Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd).

Dear Family,
I wish that I was much closer to you. I have to admit I was more than a little jealous that you were all able to get together earlier this week. Why can't we all just be independently wealthy and able to live on the same street right next too each other? I'm glad that the distance doesn't keep us from being close. I love and miss you all.

Dear Little Baby,
I'm so glad that you are really active, but can you please stop kicking me constantly? I'd really like to enjoy the last 4 or 5 weeks, but you are making it really difficult. I'd rather not be bruised from the inside out when you finally decide to come into this world. I really do look forward to meeting you, but can we maybe tone it down a little? Thanks, love you, Mommy

3 comments:

valerie said...

Dear Shauna,
I miss you every day - let that be known - and you are a strength to me in ways you'll never know. You are wonderful and even though there are hard days, there are better days and even some great days. Hang in there. You can do it...and even though I'm UT, I am always here for you.
Love,
Valerie

Mama Bear said...

S - I miss you too!
and I wished we all lived closer as well.
and I like the independently wealthy part too, for all of us!!

hoopesfam5 said...

Oh my goodness - polar pineapple is my Robek's favorite too! More proof that we are totally related (as if we needed it). By the way - know that we love you and miss you just as much, if not more. I seriously cannot wait until the end of this month when the girls and I will be out in SD visiting you, AJ, and Keegan. The girls ask about your family, and say good night to you all, every single night. Just keep that in mind...though far apart in distance, we are always close in heart.