Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good Idea/Bad Idea

Good Idea: wanting to help some good friends out as a way of saying thanks for all the times they've helped us.

Bad Idea: when that help consists of watching 5 children who are not your own, or related to you in some way and who range in age from 15 months to 13 1/2, while their parents are away for 2 weeks in Brazil. What were we thinking? (thankfully we only have them for the first week and their Aunt is coming for the second).

Needless to say...it's been a crazy past few days and we still have a few more to go, hence why the lack of blogging. I have a newfound respect for anyone out there who has more than 2 kids, and who has ever had twins or more (seriously, Becky, how do you keep your sanity and keep on smiling?). I'd post pictures, but I have none and really, I think my hair is all gone.

I think next time we'll just offer to drive them to the airport. :)

P.S. I really do need to point out that they are very well -behaved kids who pretty much do as they are told and who are in bed by 8:30 at night at the latest. It's just that we aren't their parents, their schedule is totally different than ours, and I really miss my own house. It's just been stressful having more than just my boys and myself to worry about and take care of.

*on a side note, they have a gigantic trampoline which Keegan is LOVING. Seriously, he asks to "jump, jump, jump" every 5 minutes or so when we aren't outside. You can't really call what he does jumping, per se, but it's so stinking cute and he's having a blast (which makes one of us).

1 comment:

valerie said...

What a great post. You had me, Emily and mom laughing. I might just steal the good idea/bad idea theme for a blog post in the future.

Mom says it's easier when the kids are your own and you get them one at a time - not inheriting 5 at once. Makes sense.

Me - I say, order pizza, buy ice cream, rent A LOT of movies and let them entertain themselves (which is probably why I am still very very very very much single - me domestic? yeah right).