Monday, May 26, 2008

Do Over

Can I get a do over? or better yet, can I get the chance to forget that today has ever happened?

It's been a day of Keegan not sleeping well all night long, until he finally settled down at 3:30 this morning; heartburn all night long that TUMS has nothing on; smoke alarms going off at 6 a.m. (apparently that's what happens when AJ and a 13 1/2 year old boy make breakfast that early in the morning); laptops falling and ruining the screen (and no, it wasn't ours and I'm pretty sure it's no longer covered under any kind of warranty...like I needed one more thing to have to get fixed, and it's even worse since it isn't ours, and I'm the one that wasn't paying attention so that it did fall in the first place because both of the babies were crying); being cooped up in the house for most of the day since the two babies aren't on the same nap schedule and as soon as one woke up the other went down for their nap shortly after and AJ was gone the majority of the day with the scouts on a hike, which meant I was alone for 3/4 of the day with 5 very bored kids; Keegan falling off the trampoline (at least this one wasn't my fault since I wasn't the one outside watching him at the time, AJ was); whacking Keegan's head into the door frame as I was taking him into the bathroom for his bath (only partially my fault since he decided, for whatever reason, to launch himself off to the side as I was going through the door); and plenty of tears on my part, the two 15-month-old babies parts, and the rest of the kids (not so much the two older ones, but definitely the two younger ones).

Seriously, it's been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day here in San Diego. I think I'll move to Australia.

4 comments:

valerie said...

It's the bad days that make the good ones so worthwhile...but if you are moving to Australia...I'll come with you...anything to get me from having to go to work!

hoopesfam5 said...

I think the girls and I will join the two of you...they don't have scorpions in Australia, do they?

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

I am totally in for Australia! So I told my sister that I would watch her kids this weekend (6, 4 and almost 1 year old twins), now I am a little more frightened than I was before:) Our ward has the father/son campout this Friday and so Art and my boys will not be with me Friday night or Saturday morning....good and bad? And I am TOTALLY exhausted lately. FUN! Oh, and when I'm pregnant, eating oranges helps my heartburn. Weird I know, but it really does!

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Wow - sounds like life is definitely a bit crazy. I don't know how you are doing it. It's always easier when it's your own kids. On the bright side, now you'll have someone to lean on (payback is always great) for when you and AJ want to get away from the kiddos for a few days :)