Tuesday, December 4, 2007

10 months and going strong...

Keegan has now officially been out of my belly longer than he was in it (what with the whole actually being pregnant for 10 months and not 9, and him deciding he wanted to come a few days late). I can't believe that it's been 10 months already. Seriously, where has the time gone (and why do I still look like I'm pregnant?)?

I can't believe how much he's grown and changed and developed in the past 10 months. He definitely has a personality and he's not scared to share it. He's learned the fine art of temper tantrums (already, at 10 months...are you kidding me?), and his favorite past-time seems to be head-butting anything, anyone, and everything. He actually gave me a fat lip the other day because I wasn't quite fast enough and didn't get out of the way when he decided to head-butt me. He loves to say "Dada" and "Go" (although I'm not sure he really knows what he's saying on that last one) and loves to cluck his tongue on the top of his mouth. He's not walking yet (THANK GOODNESS for small miracles) at least not on his own...he'll stand up behind his diaper box and walk all over the house while pushing his stuffed animals and some random toys in his "train" (AJ always pushes him in the laundry basket, which Keegan loves, so apparently he's decided his monkey, bear and Boone the dog need the same treat). He loves to throw his toy balls (and daddy's volleyball and basketball), along with pretty much anything he can, around the house. He gets his whole little body into it, since he knows that's how he can get them to go the farthest distance.

Yesterday Keegan and I needed to get out of the house, so we went to the bay for a little playground fun.

It was so much fun to watch his face light up when he would go down the slide. He didn't want to wait long enough for me to get to the bottom to catch him half the time and would launch himself forward...thankfully, I was fast enough to keep him from face planting on the slide or tumbling down the slides rather than sliding down them.

He was not happy when I put him back in his stroller for our walk back to the car (hey, I have to get some exercise in somehow...so I walked the mile and a half to the playground and then the mile and a half back).

Thankfully, he calmed down pretty quickly and actually fell asleep for a little while in the stroller.

1 comment:

valerie said...

Oh my gosh - if those aren't the cutest pictures ever, then I don't know what WOULD be considered cute - he is so cute.