Friday, January 20, 2012

Conversations on the way home from school

On our way home from picking Keegan up from Kindergarten today, I overheard the following conversation taking place in the back of the van:

Keegan: "Camden, it's not nice to play tricks on people. Remember when we were watching He-Man the last day (which is the way he says yesterday), and the guy came on at the end and told us that it's not nice to trick people. So, we shouldn't trick people. And Jesus wouldn't want us to trick people. So I'm following Jesus' instructions, and because you tricked me, you are following Satan's instructions."

I happened to look in my rearview mirror at the point to see Camden's reaction, and he looked so sad, so I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he was bad, because he had been following Satan's instructions when he tricked Keegan. So then we had to have the talk about how he had told Keegan that he was sorry for trying to trick him, which is what Jesus would have wanted him to do (because he had repented) and that he was actually listening to Jesus' instructions too.

Guess some things are sinking in between Primary and reading scriptures each night as a family, and of course, from watching He-Man (which, can I just say, I think it's awesome that my boys love the shows that AJ and I used to watch as kids!).

Man, I love these boys!

No comments: