Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Utah Trek

AJ has to retake his boards in a couple of weeks (he has to retake them every 6 years), so in order to give him a little peace and quiet in order to get some really good study time in, I decided to head to Utah to see my family, because it had been way too long since we've been together. We were originally supposed to go up the first week of August, but Keegan and Camden both got sick, so we had to postpone our little excursion until just this past week. My mom came with us (thankfully), and it was a wonderful week of fun in Utah. All three of the boys did great on the drives up and back, so great in fact that I'm more than willing to do the trip again soon. (Utah, you've been warned)! ;) Other than a few minor moments and meltdowns (Keegan really, really missed his dad and wanted to go home every night, especially after we said our prayers in which we asked that our Daddy be watched over while we were away), it was a great time spent with my siblings and my mom and the boys with their cousins. They got their fill of bounce houses, and dinosaurs and pioneer heritage and just plain old hanging out with family fun. We got to ride trains and see Temple Square and enjoy a typical Utah summer storm (for the 5 minutes that it lasted).

We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Ok, if you're so willing to do it again, you need to call me next time:)

hoopesfam5 said...

I cannot TELL you how bummed I am that we couldn't make the trip. Looks like it was so much fun!

I think we are going to try and visit sometime in January or February? Doug wants to go snowboarding this winter, but I can't get time off until after the holidays. Anyway - just giving you a head's up...maybe we can caravan?