Monday, June 21, 2010

Hi, My Name is Hunter...

and I'm a milk-a-holic.

I still can't believe that it's been a month already. And I really can't believe that Hunter is as big as he is. He had his 1-month checkup today and he already weighs 12 lbs. 5.8 oz. REALLY?? And here I was thinking how small he seemed to me (and I guess in comparison to his brothers, he still is small...and yet, oh so big). Most importantly of all, I'm just grateful for how healthy he is...and how happy. For the most part he really is the eaisest baby (although we are still working on getting our days and nights figured out...right now his "day" starts at about 4:30 a.m. which is so not fun for me, or AJ, for that matter).
It's nice to have him here...and to have some of my fears and concerns just melt away. Keegan and Camden have been great with Hunter. They are so gentle and careful with him, and totally look out for him (the concerned look on Camden's face when Hunter starts to fuss is pretty stinking cute). For the most part, they just kind of ignore him...or just play around him, and thankfully there have been no jealousy issues. It's amazing how a heart can expand it's capacity to love...even when you think that it's just not possible.

2 comments:

hoopesfam5 said...

And he is just the cutest little thing around...I can't get enough of him! We're overdue for a visit...let's plan something...let me know when you're up to it! Love you...and your 3 handsome little guys.

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Super cute. I can't wait to hold him in August!