Monday, February 4, 2008

Birthday Re-Cap

I realized that I have become a lazy blogger...and poor Keegan is suffering for it. Especially since this is really the only record I have of the major milestones and events in his life (since I'm slacking on updating his baby book).

Keegan's 1st birthday was a very small event. For his actual birthday I took him to the zoo (one of his all-time favorite places to be). It was actually quite nice there that day. Not too crowded and not too cold. We had lunch at Wendy's (that we took to the zoo) and he got to enjoy his very own ORIGINAL Frosty (who wants a vanilla one? I mean really...why mess with something that's already perfect?). After the zoo, we came home and just had a quiet night with dad. Nothing too big...which was probably good, seeing as how Keegan took it upon himself to "celebrate" his birthday by coming down with a cold and only letting mom and dad get about 5 hours of sleep Friday night.

We had a small family party for him on Saturday. I mean really small...as in, just my mom and dad, AJ's parents, his Aunt and Uncle and his sister and her daughter. That was it, which was good, because after the rough night that we had had, I don't think we could have handled much more than that. It didn't help that I started to come down with the same cold that Keegan had that day either. Since he wasn't feeling all that great, Keegan wasn't too sure what to think about his cupcake (although he enjoyed the frosting..and liked the cupcakes later in the week). He just wasn't feeling it for his birthday. i don't have pictures of us blowing out his candle, but I'm pretty sure either my mom might have one, or AJ's aunt since she's really good about getting pictures of everything.

Here are a few pics from the "celebration":

3 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Totally with you on the frosty thing. I don't think our Wendy's sells the vanilla anymore - that's how lame they were. Original Frosty's all the way!

Keegs is so cute. Hooray for being 1! Sorry he was sick for the big day. Love the catepillar cake and butterflies. Give him hugs from all of us.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Cute cupcakes! Parks would pick the zoo everyday if he could:) Yours is much better than ours though. And I totally agree on the Frosty....the first time they asked me what flavor I about lost it!

hoopesfam5 said...

Thanks for the pics - totally cute. Wish we could have been there to participate in the festivities.
Sorry to hear you and little man have been sick. We hope you two are feeling better! XOXOX.