Monday, July 16, 2007

Thank Heaven for Little Boys

I seriously can't believe that Keegan is now almost 6 months old. 6 MONTHS!!! Where did all of the time go? How could it have gone by so fast? I still feel like it was just yesterday that I was HUGELY pregnant and wanting him to just hurry up and come because I was as large as a house and wanted to be able to see my feet and ankles again, and I was sick of people commenting on how gigantic I was, and people asking me if I was having twins or more. Now he's almost 6 months old and I can't help but wish for the days when he was still my "teeny, tiny" baby (even though at 9 lbs. 1 oz. it's hard to imagine that he was ever "teeny").It's hard to believe that he can sit up on his own (with the occasional tip over or fall backwards), and that he's eating solid foods and learning to drink out of cups (we've completely given up on the whole bottle thing). He is fiercely independent and thinks that he is much older than he really is. He's constantly grabbing at the food on our plates (and unfortunately AJ and I aren't always as quick as we like to think that we are) and would much rather eat our food than his own.He brings so much laughter into this home, I really wonder what we did before he was here. He's got so much energy, it's really no surprise that my ribs are still sore after almost 6 months. It's all I can do to get him to settle down and take two 1-hour naps a day (trust me, not the ideal situation in any way, shape or form in my opinion).

Now that it's summer and way too hot (I know, I know, "hot" is a totally relative term) in our house, Keegan and I try to find ways to beat the heat.

We've made numerous trips to the zoo and Sea World (although it's not the same without our regular companions, Becky, Aiden and Reilly there with us) and we make the occasional trip to the bay or the beach to try and get a walk in (I still need to lose quite a few pregnancy pounds that are being very stubborn) although not nearly as often as I would like. He's very unaffected by all of it, but he seems to like his stroller, and he loves being outside, so I'll take what I can get. Even when we are home, he's constantly looking out the open windows and loves to go out and water the plants with his daddy when AJ gets home from work.

So, this is a relatively long post to simply say...Hi, and welcome to the crazy (and at times, mundane and boring) adventures of our life. We hope you enjoy the journey...I know that the three of us are!

1 comment:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

I know what you mean, Parker was about 9 pounds and Brighton was about 10, so I look at teeny little newborns and wonder what it would be like. It also makes getting the baby weight off that much harder.